Monday, March 16, 2009

How to dye your hair pink (Assignment #2)



Brainstorm

Rubber gloves, toner, hair dye, a tinting brush, soft toothbrush, Vaseline, comb, old towels, an old shower-cap, dying your hair in brilliant colors, pink, green, blue, striking, messy, odd, awesome, you have to take good care of it, retouch it, your hair becomes dry afterwards you have to use conditioners and stuff, last year I dyed my hair pink twice

How to dye your hair pink (or whatever other rather striking color)

Last year, I had a mania of dying my hair pink. I love that color and I wanted it on my hair. I had to beg my mom a lot, but I won every fight, so I got my hair colored pink twice last year. I search for a lot of information and stuff, I wanted to get it right, so I will provide you all I know about this subject.

Depending on the color and the intensity you want, you need to bleach your hair. For example, I wanted my hair pink, but my natural hair is dark brown. I had to bleach it to a very light yellow so the color would be bright. My personal opinion is that you get it bleached with a professional, but it is very simple to dye your hair if you follow these steps.

First of all you’ll need rubber gloves, hair dye of your favorite color, a tinting brush or a soft toothbrush, a bowl, Vaseline, comb, old towels, and an old shower-cap. Before you start, try to have everything in hand when you start. Now is the time to put on your rubber gloves. Afterwards, squeeze on your hair dye in a bowl and stir it up with the brush. Then, put on Vaseline on the edges of your face and on your ears so your skin doesn’t get messy.

Okay, so your hair is yellow now, remember it because in a few moments later it will turn the color you always wanted :D. Apply the hair dye, with the toothbrush, tinting brush or even your fingers. Make sure the dye it’s all over the place, from the roots to the ends of your hair and comb it through. Next, put on the shower cap, the heat and moisture helps the color sink in better. Wait for a little more time than the one that says on the box of the hair dye. Then, go in the shower and rinse until the water runs clean and shampoo. Finally, just dry your hair, see yourself in the mirror and smile to the cutie in front of you.

1 comment: